Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Strawberry Jam


It's that time of year - Strawberry Season. I made Strawberry Jam yesterday, the same way my Mother made it before me. Strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, fruit pectin and White Karo Syrup to keep the crystals from forming in the freezer. As I crushed the fruit I thought of all the times I helped My Mom make this same jam. . . .and I am thankful I learned to make homemade jams and jellies. For freezer jam we simply used the recipe on the MCP packet. Perhaps some of you have a favorite recipe for Jam. I have one I love for Apricot Jam that I will share during July even though we won't be blogging about Orange that month! Naturally I had to taste my Jam before I froze it!
Tomorrow I'll post a recipe for another 'red' food we are smoking today - fresh Salmon just in from Alaska. It is a wonderful recipe so check back tomorrow.
Until Later,
Cecelia




No comments:

Post a Comment