Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Red Tails & Red Violins

I was going to post a picture of my African Grey's Red Tail, but time is running short since I had a stressful day - not one of those Red Letter Days you enjoy having. It began with my Brittany Puppy of 11 months eating some of my husband's blood pressure medicine. A mad dash to the veterinarian to get Paisley to throw up took up most of my morning. I'm happy to report that she is fine tonight.

I was going to post a poem on Red from my favorite children's book - which I cannot find now that I am looking for it! I'll locate it later and share some of the poetry. I'm seeing 'red' as I can't find it!

Izzy, the African Grey would love me to hold her so I'm going to do that instead of making her pose for a picture.

I am, however, going to write about one of my favorite movies: The Red Violin. Since I play the violin it makes it even more interesting. Maybe I'll hold Izzy and watch the movie! Have you seen it? It is an epic adventure of mystery and obsession around a one-of-a-kind, red violin and the lives of all who touched it.

Now for the fun. Guess what was used to make the violin 'red' in color and I will draw from those who leave a comment with the correct answer. You have to accept my version of what they used to color it since I control the contest! The winner wins a copy of this wonderful movie. Good luck and post your guess in the comment section.

We are off tomorrow to another color.

Until Later,
Cecelia

5 comments:

  1. I have never seen this movie--WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME-but I have heard that Blood was used to make the violin so red. I hope no one was messing with me when they told me this fact. LOL Maybe I should Google this before I post a comment here....nah I will face the music--so to speak- if I'm wrong. LOL

    hugs
    -missy-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too enjoyed this movie, although it's been awhile! I believe the red color was achieved with the blood of his dead lover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to be macarb and say blood although I have never seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was painted red with a brush made of his dead wife's hair using her blood. How macabre!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, loved that movie. I remember blood being the "ingredient" used to make the violin red.

    ReplyDelete