Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Limeade Ice Cream



Limeade Ice Cream - Tart and refreshing. A science teacher made Ice Cream with his High School students and this was his recipe. I made it neon green. My first taste was 'tart' but 'interesting' and I thought, "Not overly sweet!" and then I had one of those "Oh No" moments, as I'd forgotten the sugar!! There wasn't time to make it again before Mariah and her friends arrived so I did the only thing I could - stirred in the sugar - after the churning! Three hours later when the Kids arrived for ice cream it was smooth and creamy - no grains of sugar!

Limeade Ice Cream


2 3-oz pkgs. of instant lemon pudding

1 Cup Sugar

1 Quart Half 'n Half

1 12-oz can frozen limeade

1 12-oz can Evaporated Milk

Green Food Coloring

1 2-liter bottle of Lemon-Lime Soda


Combine the pudding mix, sugar, half and half, evaporated milk and limeade in your ice cream freezer bowl. Stir until limeade has dissolved. Add lemon lime soda to the fill mark on your ice cream freezer. You won't use all of the soda. Freeze according to your ice cream maker's directions using rock salt and ice. Makes 4 quarts.




2 comments:

  1. Hi CeCe!
    Don't know if you remember me, Liz Angus, I used to design cross-stitch? Well now I am designing quilts and loving it and I play the violin now, I love it. I have a blog Sunflower Fields Pattern CO and I love writing it everyday. I found you at the Sheherd's Bush retreat info, I think its awesome your going to teach there now. I hope all is well with your family,
    Always, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have finally figured out blogging! I love your threads, patterns, soaps - and the monthly kits - I have to say that my "life savers" are seeing my new daughter-in-law and son visit from NY - then shower them with little gifts of your soaps and lotions!
    Also, my mom just turned 90 on Tuesday and she's my life saver - she shares her past and reminds me of my childhood that I always seem
    to forget - she shares her joy of living and loving her children and grandchildren - I'm sure I will have more life savers - just wait and see!

    ReplyDelete