Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Dyeing Rainbows

I've been away for a long while. . . .time seemed to pass so quickly since my last post. I've been dyeing. . . .threads that is. As you can see we also hand dye knitting yarn to sell at our local farmer's market during the summer. Color is the driving force in my life whether stitching, quilting, beading or making soap. We also hand dye the ribbon we tie our hand dyed soap with. It has been interesting to watch the color of the dyed yarn bring people like a magnet into our booth.
We are also working on some exciting new colors to be added shortly to our Silk 'n Colors line.
We just released our fall scents in soap last week at the farmer's market - gingersnap, caramel apple, tobacco flower (a favorite), eggnog, pumpkin nog, coconut mokalata, huckleberry lavender, frankinsense and myrhh, and juniper mulberry with crushed mulberries on top! Something for everyone in warm, inviting, spicy or sweet. We also made some hemp milk in our soy milk maker and made hemp milk soap. This is similar to the finest goat's milk soap you will buy with a rich, creamy lather. We made a fun soap using Hemp Milk and Hemp oil - Mary Jane's Flower (Cannibis Flower). It sold out at the market and I have to make more! I have to admit that I didn't have a clue at first why my daughter wanted to name if Mary Jane's Flower ( I get it now). I think I might be the only one on the planet that was clueless to this slang term. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment